Frequently Asked Questions
1. What documents are needed on the first visit?
Patients are required to complete a patient intake form. In addition to the form, the following documents are required:
- The script from your physician to evaluate and treat.
- Your insurance cards and primary subscriber’s name, date of birth, and address.
- Any co-pays or referrals as required by your insurance company.
- A copy of your driver’s license (a copy of the parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license is required for minors). *minors must have a parent present or have a parent’s signature.
- List of any medications and reason for use.
- Results of any recent and relevant diagnostic tests, MRIs, or X-rays.
- If visit is related to liability case, please bring the contact information for your attorney.
2. How early should a patient arrive for a first visit?
Therapy Center requests that patients arrive 15-30 minutes prior to their first visit. If the patient intake form has not been previously completed, please allow for extra time for paperwork.
3. How long will will the visit take and how often will I be going to therapy?
On the first visit, the patient will be evaluated and treated. The time needed is highly dependent on the patient’s diagnosis, progression, and severity of injury. It typically will take between 1-1.5 hours for your first visit and 45 minutes – 1 hour for following visits. Patients typically will go to therapy 2 – 3 times a week or as prescribed by their physician.
4. When will payment be needed?
Co-pays are required after your first session of treatment, thus payment is expected on the first visit. For questions on what you may owe, you can contact the billing office at 337-824-4547.
5. What clothing should I wear to therapy?
Therapy Center suggests that you wear comfortable shoes movable/loose fitting clothing. If you are attending therapy as a result of a knee injury, Therapy Center requires that you wear shorts.